Current Job Openings
- Austin, TX
- Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Performs highly responsible accounting work, assisting in the direction of accounting and budgeting activities. Work involves developing and preparing a variety of related reports and financial analysis; assisting in planning, organizing, and implementing efficient accounting systems and controls; supervision of accounting services personnel; administrator of payroll & time clock systems, preparation of payrolls and all related reporting; and maintaining accounting records for five companies. Serves as liaison to audit firm and banking personnel. Works under general direction of the CFO/COO, within prescribed policies and procedures with considerable latitude for independent action and decision.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Maintain and monitor cash accounts, general ledger, and expense accounts to ensure proper classification.
- Monitor all cash accounts daily and arrange for the transfer of funds, as needed
- Review all general ledger accounts
- Monitor all expenses for proper classification
Perform on a timely basis monthly reconciliations, allocations, accruals, month-end closings, reporting and reviews of various accounts.
- Reconcile all cash and investment accounts
- Prepare monthly revenue and expense accruals and allocation of expenses
- Perform month end closing
- File monthly sales tax reports
Prepare required budget, expense and tax reports and other reports relating to 401(k), ACA, and other accounting related reporting.
- Prepare annual salary and salary related expense budgets
- Prepare annual pension/401(k) report
- Reconcile vendor accounts and issue form 1099s and 1096
- Prepare schedule and review records with Workers’ Compensation Insurance Auditor
- Prepare annual personal property tax reports
- Prepare annual member assessment schedule
- Prepare schedules and provide information as requested by auditors
Perform all payroll functions, including federal and state reporting and deposits, and serve as administrator for all related payroll systems
- Process biweekly payroll and initiate direct deposits
- Make tax deposits and file state and federal payroll reports
- Prepare benefit reports and calculated deductions
- Prepare 401(k) file each pay period
- Prepare and maintain fringe benefit reporting
- Prepare employee forms W-2 and W-3
- Prepare reporting forms required under ACA
Assist CFO in other areas such as supervision of any accounting staff, maintain various databases, serve and assist on various committees, and stay abreast of current accounting and payroll rules and regulations
- Supervise Accounting Associate and, in the absence of, perform all assigned tasks
- Maintain fixed assets database
- Serve on internal 401(k) Investment Committee
- Stay abreast of changes in payroll rules and regulations, reporting regulations, and accounting standards
- Assist in the preparation for quarterly Audit Committee meetings, attend meetings and record minutes.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare reports and financial analysis as requested
- Ensure all accounting software is up-to-date
- Calculate monthly GIP and LTD premiums
- Review monthly accounts receivable aging report and take appropriate action as necessary
- Maintain membership data for billing
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years in Accounting, with some supervisory experience
- Familiar with both non-profit and for-profit rules and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and budgeting procedures
- Proficient in MS Office Software and Accounting and Fixed Asset Software packages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all staff and board members
- Works well and logically independently, but can also work well with other staff and within teams
- Well organized with ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and problem solving abilities
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org